Solving Global Challenges with Lasting Impact
We improve lives and the planet, and unleash human potential, through innovation. We are dedicated to the principle that all men and women – dignified and resilient as they are – have the right to health, food, power and economic mobility. We seek to advance those goals with a better use of science and data and through collaboration with partners and grantees. By identifying and accelerating breakthrough solutions, ideas and conversations, The Rockefeller Foundation works to improve the well-being of people everywhere.
For more consequential outcomes, we channel our resources and expertise into a finite set of endeavors to assure measurable and meaningful impact. Our work is focused on improving access to electricity, food, healthcare and economic opportunity. We do that through creative partnerships and innovative investments to extract more value from data and private capital.
- End Energy Poverty We accelerate the delivery of reliable, renewable electricity to hundreds of millions of people in underserved, low-income communities worldwide.
- Achieve Health for All We work to advance the fields of public health and medical science to improve outcomes for all people, everywhere.
- Nourish People and Planet We are working to create a more nutritious, equitable and regenerative food system.
- Expand Equity and Economic Opportunity We are dedicated to ensuring every American working family can meet its basic needs and have a path to a better future.
- Seize Upon Emerging Frontiers We aim to accelerate the impact of our programmatic work by applying impact investing, science, technology, and innovation to the greatest inequities in the world.
The way I suffered, depending on other people, I won’t let that happen to anyone else. I believe—and I teach—that a girl can do any business with electricity.Savitri DeviSeamstress in Uttar Pradesh, empowered by access to reliable electricity from our grantee Smart Power India
Data is a powerful tool that can help us make life-saving decisions and prevent epidemics before they happen.Ms. Henrietta ForeExecutive Director Of UNICEF
We are proud to bring energy to millions of people and we look forward to empowering communities across India by creating micro enterprises and opportunities for all people.Praveer SinhaCEO, Tata Power
It is about a level playing field. It is about giving folks the tools that they need to not just stay above water, but to actually build something for the long term for themselves and the next generation.Pedro MorillasState Campaigns Director, Economic Security Project
We are now sure that if we adopt these new [food loss-preventing] technologies, we will be able to protect the tomato and be able to sell.Talatu IchissNigerian tomato farmer
As the world seeks an end to the Covid-19 pandemic and to start a recovery …SEE MORE
Can Technology Be Optimized for Equity and Opportunity?
Companies use detailed behavioral information every day to direct products and services to individuals. What if this approach were applied to maximize social good instead of private revenue? This quarter’s Matter of Impact explores how the properly tailored technology can improve and save lives across a wide spectrum. Our staff, grantees and partners discuss how […]More