Why it matters
- 1Power: Across the Asia-Pacific region, 325 million people currently live without access to electricity, and hundreds of millions more have unreliable access. The Rockefeller Foundation is focused on scaling access to safe, reliable, and renewable energy in underserved, low-income communities as a critical tool to move out of poverty.
- 2Health: We envision a world in which every community health system is equipped to apply data-driven decisions to predict and prevent disease. Our work in Asia has included building some of the first public health institutions in China and Thailand, supporting improved tracking and response to pandemics along the Mekong River, and helping establish the Prince Mahidol Award Conference as a major forum for high-priority global health issues.
- 3Food: There were 69.1 million acutely food-insecure people across Asia-Pacific region at the end of 2021. An onslaught of extreme weather events continues to aggravate the situation. Through school feeding programmes and regenerative agriculture transitions, we are committed to improve the dietary diversity of food for people in Asia, using levers of data science and innovations, evidence for public policy, and institutional procurement.
Stories from the Frontlines
Asia is leading the world’s response to climate change with Ambition, Solutions, Innovation and Action. These stories tell us how.
Asia’s Visionary Early Warning System Enables Swift Public Health Responses
A trust-based network of six Mekong Basin countries offers a visionary model for shared cross-border disease surveillance -- especially important as climate change alters disease patterns.
A Bold Bet To Bring Renewable Power to the Last Mile
It took optimism, persistence, and creativity to create Smart Power India. This is the five-part story of that complex journey.
- Feb 21 2024Statement by Dr. Rajiv J. Shah, President of The Rockefeller Foundation, on the Announcement of Ndidi Okonkwo Nwuneli As the New CEO of the ONE Campaign
- Feb 15 2024Rockefeller Foundation Outlines 4 Ways To Scale JETPs
- Feb 13 2024GMF Launches Project To Pioneer Novel Technologies That Strengthen Democratic Resilience