A charitable offshoot of The Rockefeller Foundation, RF Catalytic Capital, Inc. (RFCC) enables foundations, impact investors, businesses, governments, and other like-minded funders to combine their resources to build funding solutions for social impact and bring about transformational change. RFCC extends the Foundation’s long tradition of leveraging internal expertise and resources to marshal capital from outside organizations and investors to improve the lives of vulnerable families around the world.
Incorporated in September 2020, RFCC is a critical new tool to help scale up funding for solutions that can enable an equitable recovery from the Covid-19 crisis–and catalyze more inclusive access to opportunity in the United States and around the world.
More specifically, RFCC is able to:
- Quickly and easily aggregate investment and grant capital for The Rockefeller Foundation’s existing and new initiatives;
- Manage and oversee these projects and their assets in a streamlined, cost-effective manner; and,
- Expand advocacy efforts in support of these projects and initiatives.
RFCC sees its core mission falling into three main areas:
- Responding to the Covid-19 global pandemic and the deep social and racial inequalities and vulnerabilities it has exposed and accelerated;
- Ending energy poverty while addressing climate change by providing reliable, renewable electricity to hundreds of millions of people in Africa, Asia, and Latin America currently living without it; and,
- Expanding nutrition security and equity and economic opportunity in the United States.
The cost of addressing the world’s most critical problems reaches into the trillions, far exceeding the individual reach of both traditional philanthropies and most governments. RFCC offers a new innovative way for foundations, impact investors, and governments to combine their resources to address this funding gap and bring about the transformational change required to solve the world’s most intractable problems.
Filings & Releases
- Builds on a History of Innovation and Partnerships to Address the World’s Most Pressing Needs
The Rockefeller Foundation Launches $30M Advance Market Commitment with Thermo Fisher Scientific to Ramp Up Procurement and Distribution of Covid-19 TestingCommitment leverages the purchasing power of the Foundation’s network of 23 U.S. states and territories.
- Part of Foundation’s Billion-Dollar Global Commitment to Ending the Pandemic and Providing Sustainable Pathways out of Poverty