In Matter of Impact, we intend to cast a close eye on a single topic or issue with short features, video, and case studies.
- ISSUE 09While women and girls have disproportionately paid the costs of the crises engulfing our economies and societies – like the pandemic, climate change, and financial downturns – they have also led efforts to meet these challenges while pursuing a more equitable and sustainable future. Here are a few of those stories.
- Issue 08The world recognized this year's Universal Health Coverage day by calling for investments that will ensure access to affordable, quality healthcare for all. Underlying these efforts is the smart use of data to save lives, and gathering the kind of information needed to detect, track, and respond to pandemics that requires global collaboration, outreach, and trust between governments, scientists, organizations, and communities around the world.
- ISSUE 07As the world moves toward containing Covid-19, we face a tangle of problems. How do we together recover from the pandemic-triggered financial crisis while tackling the menace of climate change and simultaneously putting equity first to close the growing and dangerous gap between wealthy and poor nations and peoples?
- ISSUE 06Companies use detailed behavioral information every day to direct products and services to individuals. What if this approach were applied to maximize social good instead of private revenue? This quarter’s Matter of Impact explores how the properly tailored technology can improve and save lives across a wide spectrum.
- ISSUE 05A global recovery must put justice and parity at its heart
- Issue 04Covid laid bare, once again, deep systemic inequities that create barriers to healthy diets and dignified work, education and even internet access. In a post-Covid world, a sustainable recovery must have justice and parity at its heart, both in the U.S. and globally.
- Issue 03In this third edition of Matter of Impact we share insights and highlight initiatives from our global Power & Climate program.
- Issue 02In this second edition of our online magazine Matter of Impact, we focus on the ongoing work to achieve gender equity.
- Issue 01In the first edition of our new online magazine, Matter of Impact, we examine the enduring racial disparities that the Covid-19 crisis has made all the more glaringly obvious. And demanding of our attention.
A collaboration of The Rockefeller Foundation and The Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and SecuritySEE MORE
A Moment for Deeper Solidarity in The Women’s Movement
Immense opportunity and exceptional challenge. In a nutshell, this is what the women’s movement is faced with now. The opportunity? As we meet this unimagined moment of a Covid-19 crisis paired with a period of institutional and historical racial reckoning, we have a real chance to both deepen and broaden our collective conversation about how […]More