Whether it is reinventing food systems to eradicate hunger or ending energy poverty, we are excited to engage with students who want to reimagine our future and contribute to our goal of making opportunity universal and sustainable. We value the opportunity to work with future leaders who want to grow personally and professionally and create impact in the philanthropic sector. During this 10-12-week program, you will be able to see the direct outputs of your work while navigating through your journey of changing the world.
Do you have a lived experience that makes our mission meaningful to you personally? As a Summer Associate (graduate students) or a Summer Intern (undergraduate students) at The Rockefeller Foundation, you will have the chance to contribute to our initiatives through engaging, meaningful work assignments. We operate with a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and value the diverse perspectives and experiences of our team members.
Other features of the internship include:
- Career and professional development through learning sessions on leadership skills and organizational values
- ‘Lunch and Learn’ series including Senior Leadership Team meet-and-greets
- Exposure to work from teams outside of your own through team presentations and coffee chats
- Encouragement to participate in all-staff town halls and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion events
From attending webinars to department meetings, I was constantly learning from exceptionally bright and enthusiastic colleagues. I'm incredibly grateful for this internship in giving me the opportunity to learn the strategy-driven, grant-making process.Yeona Choi2022 Summer Associate, Innovation Initiative
This program offers Summer Associates structured visibility into and access to organizational and programmatic happenings while allowing Summer Associates to dive deep into their interest areas within their own teams.Ellie Kiernan2022 Summer Associate, Innovation Initiative
My manager and other teammates quickly made me feel a valued member of the team. From assigning me meaningful projects that align with my interests to asking for my insights and feedback, I've felt included in my team's work at every step of the way.Analisa Sorrells2022 Summer Associate, Food Initiative
It’s a treat to be surrounded by mission-oriented experts working to make a difference. The RF community is incredibly supportive and helped to round out my understanding of the global issues that the foundation is working to address.Kat Morgan2022 Summer Associate, Food Initiative
Explore Our Commitments
Our work is focused on improving access to electricity, food, healthcare and economic opportunity. We do that through creative partnerships and innovative investments to extract more value from data and private capital.
- Food Advancing a more nourishing, regenerative and equitable food system.
- Power and Climate We accelerate access to and consumption of reliable, renewable electricity in underserved, low-income communities worldwide, empowering hundreds of millions of people while building the climate-smart energy system of the future.
- Health For over 100 years, we’ve worked to advance the fields of public health and medical science to improve health outcomes for all people, everywhere.
- Economic Equity Our vision is that every working person in America should be able to meet the basic needs of their families – and have a path to a better future.
- Emerging Frontiers We aim to accelerate the impact of our programmatic work through impact investing, data science, technology, and innovation to the greatest inequities in the world.