Omicron updates & insights:
The Pandemic Prevention Initiative (PPI) aims to help the world detect, prevent, and mitigate pandemic threats to achieve containment as quickly as possible.
We are an independent, nimble collaborator with the global community working toward an early warning system for the world.
With a growing global network, PPI will harness data to drive decision-making that prevents pandemics. Our partnerships span public, private, and academic sectors. We’re working on Covid-19 today and pandemic prevention for the future.
Together, we can create an early warning system that works for—and protects—the world.
After 6 months of PPI in action
- Nearly 30 global partners
- An 18-person staff (and counting)
- $25 million in funding invested to fill gaps in global data collection and sharing
- Demonstrated impact in improving speed and scope of sequencing and data collection in the U.S., Africa, and India
- A user-centered, design-driven data solution pipeline
- A cutting-edge approach to using different data types in new ways – learning from the financial sector, missed signals in Covid-19, and more
Stopping the spread of Covid-19 and preventing the next pandemic requires global cooperation.
In fall 2021, The Rockefeller Foundation convened the Wastewater Action Group to share best practices …SEE MORE
The new BA.2 sub-strain has been detected in 55 countries including the U.S., but the …SEE MORE
Robust genomic surveillance, along with transparency, communication, and global collaboration, is needed to detect and …SEE MORE
Today, we are releasing a reporting scorecard that evaluates U.S. state data reporting for Covid-19 …SEE MORE
When a new public health threat emerges – like the highly infectious Omicron variant of …SEE MORE