The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Center has a track record of spurring action and impact to address pressing global challenges. In 2022 to fill the 2023 residency program year we are seeking candidates from a broad range of fields, areas of practice and expertise, with diverse backgrounds and cultural perspectives.
General Open Call
The General Open Call Residency is for all practitioners, academics and artists working in any discipline or area of study. Projects can be based on any topic but must demonstrate clear social impact and charitable purpose. This residency is available to a wide range of diverse actors such as:
- University and think tank-based academics, researchers, professors, and scientists working in any discipline
- Artists and writers, including but not limited to composers, fiction and non-fiction writers, playwrights, poets, video/filmmakers, dancers, musicians, and visual artists who share in the Foundation’s mission of promoting the well-being of humankind, and produce work that enhances our shared understanding of pressing global or social issues
- Senior-level policymakers, nonprofit leaders, journalists, private sector leaders and public advocates in a variety of fields and sectors
Three types of projects are highly encouraged
- Scholarly Research Projects: This type of project will advance a scholarly discipline or field of study and often leads to a published book or article
- Applied Practice Projects: This type of project comes from a professional domain outside of the arts and academia (e.g. private sector, public sector, civil society) and can take many different forms: book, article, communications plan, business plan, strategic assessment, etc.
- Art Projects: An art project will advance an artistic discipline through the creation of a new work of art (may be in a research stage, a production stage, or a post-production stage of work)
The Rockefeller Foundation will accept applications for its residency program starting on March 1, 2022 with a final deadline of May 17, 2022. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply before the final deadline. To access the application, go to: https://bellagiocenter.smapply.org/. Select “General Open Call” as the residency type within the project proposal question section of the application form.