Why it Matters
17 Rooms: Rejuvenating the Sustainable Development Goals Through Shared ActionEveryone agrees that we need more and faster progress across all the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We need fewer promises and more results. The 17 Rooms initiative takes non-traditional approaches to help people with ideas and ideals drive action, gather insights, and forge the bonds of community that drive longer-term gains. We are deeply committed to growing a new type of enterprise that democratizes the SDGs so that people everywhere can take them into their own hands.Download PDF
- 1Connecting Leaders: We proactively attract and support thought leaders, often at pivotal moments in their careers, to develop new breakthroughs in advancing solutions. Recognizing that innovation requires breaking out of silos, we are known for creating unlikely partnerships.
- 2 Spurring Data-Driven Solutions: We leverage our research, analysis, funding, and partnering capabilities to ensure that the most advanced data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning tools are deployed in ways that empower underserved communities, bridge knowledge gaps, prevent harm, and increase equity.
- 3Breaking out of Silos: The Foundation’s Innovation team works at the crossroads of culture, conversation, and cutting-edge solutions — where true innovation happens. With team members working at every stage of the innovation pipeline, we know how to mobilize the people and resources necessary to move from breakthrough ideas to scaled initiatives.
Co-Develop Spearheads a Global Opportunity for DPI Adoption
Co-Develop, founded this year, is focused on implementing digital public infrastructure globally, justly and equitably.
Driver’s Seat Puts Data – and Power – in Gig Workers’ Hands
A driver-owned cooperative gives essential gig workers access to statistics through an app that help them maximize their earnings--putting the power of data directly in their hands.
“Dial 911” for Aid: How MobileAid Is Helping Deliver Cash to Thousands of the World’s Poorest
In the United States, when you face an emergency, you dial 911 and an ambulance will be sent to your house to help. What if people living in poverty all over the world could dial a number to have cash delivered to them in a crisis?
- Dec 04 2023Resilient Cities Network and Yale University Join Forces to Tackle the Impact of Climate Change on Public Health in Cities
- Feb 21 2024Statement by Dr. Rajiv J. Shah, President of The Rockefeller Foundation, on the Announcement of Ndidi Okonkwo Nwuneli As the New CEO of the ONE Campaign
- Feb 15 2024Rockefeller Foundation Outlines 4 Ways To Scale JETPs