The Rockefeller Foundation’s mission—unchanged since 1913—is to promote the well-being of humanity throughout the world. Today the Foundation advances new frontiers of science, data, policy, and innovation to solve global challenges related to health, food, power, and economic mobility. As a science-driven philanthropy focused on building collaborative relationships with partners and grantees, The Rockefeller Foundation seeks to inspire and foster large-scale human impact that promotes the well-being of humanity by identifying and accelerating breakthrough solutions, ideas and conversations.
About The Rockefeller Foundation
Our PeopleBuilding on a legacy of employing many of the brightest thinkers of the 20th century, The Rockefeller Foundation’s leadership team and staff bring a broad range of talents and backgrounds drawn from scholarly, scientific, private, and nonprofit disciplines.
Our OfficesWith offices in New York, Washington DC, Bangkok, Nairobi and a conference center in Bellagio, Italy, The Rockefeller Foundation is focused on delivering impact at scale for the world’s most vulnerable. Learn more about the places we work.
Our HistoryFrom our very first grant—to the American Red Cross more than a century ago—through to today’s vast array of initiatives, The Rockefeller Foundation has built a reputation as a trailblazer that convenes unlikely partnerships and sparks innovations for transformative change.
GrantsThrough grantmaking, The Rockefeller Foundations works to promote the well-being of humanity throughout the world. Use our database to explore active and past grants by commitment and grant amount within the past 5 years.
CareersBuilding on a legacy of attracting the best and brightest thinkers, The Rockefeller Foundation is a diverse team of talented individuals from the academic, scientific, private, and nonprofit worlds.
InternshipsApplications are now being accepted for 2021 Summer Internships. Openings will be posted throughout November, December, and early 2021. Please check back routinely for more opportunities.
Explore Our Commitments
Our work is focused on improving access to electricity, food, healthcare and economic opportunity. We do that through creative partnerships and innovative investments to extract more value from data and private capital.
- Food Advancing a more nourishing, regenerative and equitable food system
- Power We accelerate access to and consumption of reliable, renewable electricity in underserved, low-income communities worldwide, empowering hundreds of millions of people while building the climate-smart energy system of the future
- Health Ensuring healthy futures for people and planet
- Economic Equity Our vision is that every working person in America should be able to meet the basic needs of their families – and have a path to a better future
- Emerging Frontiers We aim to accelerate the impact of our programmatic work through impact investing, data science, technology, and innovation to the greatest inequities in the world.