As #Covid-19 continues to spread across the world and governments put in place increasingly restrictive measures to stop its spread, it is important that critical facilities and essential businesses are able to operate without disruption, so that hundreds of millions of people staying at home are able to stay connected and stay safe. At the heart of this mission is ensuring the continued operations of electricity systems, and particularly those of distribution system operators.
Given the trajectory of the virus, Enel has been at the epicenter of this effort longer than most. With 73 million electricity customers in 8 countries, and especially given their experience in Italy and Spain in recent months, they have a range of vital insights and expertise to share on the matter. Learn from senior Enel leaders who have been driving emergency operations in this unprecedented moment, and who are open to sharing their knowledge and insights with peer utilities facing similar challenges worldwide.
The technical webinar is presented by The Rockefeller Foundation and Enel Foundation, in partnership with Sustainable Energy for All.
- Ashvin Dayal Senior Vice President Ashvin Dayal leads the Foundation’s global Power initiative aimed at scaling up energy access in order to drive economic and social development. He has overseen the Foundation’s pioneering investments in the renewable energy mini-grid space in India and the establishment of Smart Power India, a dedicated platform to support the acceleration of last-mile electrification. As […]
- Livio Gallo Head of Global Infrastructure and Networks Business Line, Enel Livio Gallo was appointed Head of the Enel Group’s Global Infrastructure and Networks Business Line in July 2014. He is also currently Chairman of the Board of Directors at both Enel Distribución Chile (one of Enel’s Latin American subsidiaries) and Enel Sole, as well as being a Board Member at Endesa SA and CESI SpA. […]
- Viviana Vitto Head of Market Studies and Strategic Analysis, Enel Viviana Vitto is the Head of Market Studies and Strategic Analysis in the Global Infrastructure and Networks business line in Enel Group. She has been Head of Market Power in the Global generation business development and for 3 years within the Carbon Business as head of Portfolio Management and Market Analysis of CO2 management at […]
- Guilherme Gomes Lencastre Head of Infrastructure and Networks Brazil, Enel Guilherme Lencastre was appointed Head of Infrastructure and Networks Brazil in October 2018. He has been leading four distribution companies and one transmission line for São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Ceará, Goiás, and Cien (17 million customers). He joined Enel Group in 1998 in the financial area at Endesa Generation Brazil. There, Guilherme worked as […]
- João Duarte Deputy Director, Enel Foundation João Duarte holds an MSc in stakeholder management and public relations (New University of Lisbon, 2005) and an Advanced Studies Diploma in communication Studies awarded by Madrid’s Complutense University (2005) as part of his PhD studies. He also holds a post-graduation on Crisis Management (Lisbon’s Polytechnic Institute, 2004) and his academic background took him to […]
- Damilola Ogunbiyi CEO and Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for SEforALL Before joining SEforALL, Damilola Ogunbiyi was the first female Managing Director of the Nigerian Rural Electrification Agency and responsible for successfully negotiating within 18 months the Nigerian Electrification Project which is a USD 550m facility (World Bank USD 350m and AfDB USD 200m) to rapidly construct solar mini-grids and deploy solar home systems across Nigeria. […]