The session was broadcasted LIVE on Monday, November 8, 2021 @ 10:00 am ET / 03:00 pm GMT across The Rockefeller Foundation’s social media pages (Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, and YouTube). To watch the replay, click here or the below image.
This 2-part session will explore the importance of healthy sustainable diets for people and the planet. Speakers will address the challenges communities face accessing fresh, healthy foods as well as potential solutions.
Part 1: Actionable Visions for Food Systems Transformation.
Several of The Rockefeller Foundation’s food system visionaries will showcase their inspiring and actionable visions for food systems change. Speakers include:
- Elizabeth Kimani, Head of the Maternal and Child Wellbeing Unit at the African Population and Health Research Center
- Jian Yi, President of the Good Food Fund
- Imke de Boer, Professor Livestock & Sustainable Food Systems at Wageningen University & Research
- Tom Leach, Media RED Founder and CEO
- Danielle Nierenberg, Moderator, Food Tank President
Speakers will discuss the importance of breaking silos and elevating healthy and sustainable diets to address the world’s most pressing challenges. Speakers include:
- Patty Fong, Program Director, Climate and Health & Well Being for the Global Alliance for the Future of Food
- Brent Loken, World Wildlife Fund’s Global Food Lead Scientist
- Sara Farley, Managing Director for the Food Initiative at The Rockefeller Foundation
- Dr. Namukolo Covic, Senior Research Coordinator at the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- Lujain Alqodmani, Director of Global Action EAT
- Lana Weidgenant, Deputy Partnerships Director for Zero Hour International
- Louise Gray, Moderator, BBC