Covid laid bare, once again, deep systemic inequities that create barriers to healthy diets and dignified work, education and even internet access. In a post-Covid world, a sustainable recovery must have justice and parity at its heart, both in the U.S. and globally.
In this Matter of Impact, our team and grantees share how we are reimagining a more inclusive future. From ground breaking worker-owned companies, to using food as medicine, to creating inclusive technology incubators, to developing racially unbiased A.I. algorithms, this issue introduces the pioneering people who are partnering with The Rockefeller Foundation to change lives, empower communities, and work toward an innovative and inclusive recovery. Read on and join us.
This shattered any notion I might have about machine neutrality.
Three jobs and he still couldn’t support his family--until he joined a worker-owned company.
Doctors prescribe vegetables, insurance pays, and patients heal. And this builds a more nourishing and equitable food system.
Selling an ambitious plan to expand high-speed internet across the U.S. became far easier after …
Faith leaders pushing for tax reforms as a moral issue.
A small business incubator is born in a marginalized Louisville neighborhood.
A lending fund based on community values is a game-changer.
Jobs-and-food initiative meeting the needs of food-insecure families.
The Covid-19 pandemic did not cause the inequities in the U.S. financial system, but it …
Small businesses are struggling to recover from Covid-19, and Black-owned businesses are among the hardest …
Explore Our Commitments
Our work is focused on improving access to electricity, food, healthcare and economic opportunity. We do that through creative partnerships and innovative investments to extract more value from data and private capital.
- Power We accelerate access to and consumption of reliable, renewable electricity in underserved, low-income communities worldwide, empowering hundreds of millions of people while building the climate-smart energy system of the future
- Health Ensuring healthy futures for people and planet
- Food Advancing a more nourishing, regenerative and equitable food system
- Economic Equity Our vision is that every working person in America should be able to meet the basic needs of their families – and have a path to a better future
- Emerging Frontiers We aim to accelerate the impact of our programmatic work through impact investing, data science, technology, and innovation to the greatest inequities in the world.