What are the requirements for participating in convenings and residencies at the Bellagio Center?
Every individual visiting the Bellagio Center (including residents and guests) must agree to comply with these safety protocols:
- We will require everyone to follow applicable guidance from the World Health Organization and local authorities. While subject to change based on evolving conditions, the current rules require that all individuals participating in indoor activities at the Center wear a FFP2 mask and practice social distancing. The staff at the Bellagio Center will provide FFP2 type of masks to all guests during their stay.
- Indoor and Outdoor mask use will comply with the recommendations of applicable local health officials.
- Thorough cleaning measures will be conducted regularly throughout the facility.
- All attendees are required to practice good hand hygiene and wash their hands for at least 20 seconds using soap and water before eating or participating in any in-person activity with others.
These protocols may be adjusted as needed to reflect the current pandemic situation in the Bellagio / Lombardia region or to comply with updated guidance or rules from local authorities.
Please note that in addition to the protocols required to comply with WHO and local guidance, there may be additional requirements applicable to visits to the Bellagio Center because The Rockefeller Foundation, who approves all convenings and residencies, prioritizes the safety and health of all individuals at the Bellagio Center. Currently, this includes the requirement that all attendees provide the Foundation with a self-certification that they are vaccinated and proof of at least full vaccination (defined as receiving all injections for an initial Covid-19 vaccine series, but not a booster shot) prior to arriving at the Center.
While The Rockefeller Foundation does not currently require individuals attending convenings or residency programs at The Bellagio Center to receive a booster shot, it strongly recommends that individuals follow applicable public health guidance, including receipt of a booster shot when recommended.
Does The Rockefeller Foundation Provide Testing for Covid-19?
Yes, upon arrival to the Center, guests will be asked to test for Covid-19 using rapid antigen tests.
Since The Rockefeller Foundation requires participants to be vaccinated, are you discriminating against people who either don’t have access to vaccines or choose not to be vaccinated?
The Rockefeller Foundation has always, and continues to, prioritize the health and safety of all staff, residents, event participants, and members of the local community. Based on currently available medical information, vaccination against Covid-19 is one of the best tools to limit the spread of the disease. As a result, the Foundation has determined that requiring vaccination of all residents and convening attendees prior to participating in any event at the Center is the safest way to operate the Center. As an organization, The Rockefeller Foundation is working to advocate for and facilitate a global vaccination plan that we hope will alleviate the current disparities in vaccine access faced by many people worldwide.
What is required to enter Italy?
The Government of Italy is regularly updating protocols to enter the country. Since entry requirements into Italy are subject to change at any time, we encourage all residents, convening organizers, and convening participants to visit the Official Italian Government Website for the latest information. We also encourage you to use this questionnaire to assist you in determining the rules of entry for individual cases. We recommend consulting these information sources when you initiate travel plans and just before you depart for Bellagio given that the rules for entry may change at any time.
- Please note: The Rockefeller Foundation cannot accept certificates of recovery from Covid-19 in lieu of proof of vaccination. The Rockefeller Foundation requires all guests to the Bellagio Center to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
Masks: The Government of Italy may require specific respirator masks to be worn on flights to and from Italy. Please consult your airline with significant lead time to understand specific mask requirements (e.g., FFP2) for your flight to Italy.
What will happen if I am a resident and I, or my partner, needs to self-isolate?
- During Residency: If a resident or their partner becomes sick during their stay, we will be able to isolate them during their residency period.
- Upon Departure: If a resident or their partner requires self-isolation following their residency period, our Bellagio Center staff and our travel partner, Tiller, will assist with immediately managing a booking at a designated Covid-19 self-isolation hotel in Milan. In some cases, pending the circumstances and demonstrated need, the expenses for transport, the hotel stay, and food will be covered by the Rockefeller Foundation.
What will happen if I am joining a convening and need to self-isolate?
- During a Convening: If a convening participant becomes sick during their stay, our Bellagio Center staff and our travel partner, Tiller, will assist with immediately managing a booking at a designated Covid-19 self-isolation hotel in Milan. In some cases, pending the circumstances and demonstrated need, the expenses for transport, the hotel stay, and food will be covered by the Rockefeller Foundation.
- Upon Departure: If a convening participant requires self-isolation following their convening, our Bellagio Center staff and our travel partner, Tiller, will assist with immediately managing a booking at a designated Covid-19 self-isolation hotel in Milan. In some cases, pending the circumstances and demonstrated need, the expenses for transport, the hotel stay, and food will be covered by the Rockefeller Foundation.
What healthcare is available should someone become ill while at the Bellagio Center?
The closest hospital is 30 kilometers away. In case someone becomes ill, the individual will be required to self-isolate and the Bellagio Center Vice President would call a local doctor who will determine what to do: either give treatment, initiate self-isolation procedures, or send to a hospital. Please bring your own medication for any known or expected treatment program you participate in for the duration of your stay.
The Rockefeller Foundation is unable to cover the costs of medical treatment. We strongly recommend all guests to Bellagio have medical insurance during their trip to cover illness while traveling, including Covid-19 related illness and care.
If you need insurance during your stay at Bellagio, please contact our travel provider after you have made contact with your Bellagio Convening Coordinator.
How will I be transported from the airport to the Bellagio Center?
Our team in Italy will arrange for all guests to be taken by private car from one of the two airports in Milan, Linate or Malpensa, to the Center in Bellagio, Italy. All ground transportation will be covered by our travel partner, Tiller.
If I have questions, who can I be in touch with?
We regret that it is impossible to cover every possible scenario in these FAQs. If you have any questions regarding logistics and safety at the Bellagio Center, please be in touch with your conference or residency coordinator. If you have any questions about proof of vaccination or travel, please be in touch with Miranda Waters, email@example.com.