We value our Interns and want to invest in and mentor future leaders who will grow personally and professionally and create impact in the philanthropic sector. As an Intern at The Rockefeller Foundation you will have the chance to contribute to our initiatives through engaging, meaningful work assignments.
Opportunities in New York City:
- Innovative Finance: The PRI Team originates, executes and manages impact investments on behalf of the Foundation. Candidates should have an interest in the development finance and impact investing fields.
- U.S. Jobs: The Jobs Team works on economic mobility in the US. Interested candidates should have a background in economic or community development, workforce issues, the future of work, labor organizing, social service delivery, economic opportunity policy, or similar.
- Innovation (Data & Tech): The Innovation Team works on leveraging data and technology for greater impact and increased equity. Candidates should have an interest or background in data or computer science, statistics, AI/ML, or other technology-related fields.
- Food: The Food Team is focused on how we can sustainably nourish the world with dignity and equity. Candidates should have a strong interest and experience in this specific area of philanthropy with strong project management, research, and analytical skills.
- Power: The Power Team focuses on ending poverty and transforming livelihoods. The team is currently working on a refreshed strategy for the next 3-5 years. Interested candidates should be excited to take on varied research tasks and learn about different aspects of the energy sector.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program in one of the following areas: business, finance, public policy, government, international development, or a related discipline.
- Interest or experience working in the nonprofit sector.
- Strong research and analytical capabilities; able to synthesize large volumes of research and data to guide strategy.
- Collaborative, innovative, eager to learn, and interested in how Foundation’s create and execute strategies working alongside partners.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- This is a paid internship that begins June 3 and ends August 16.
- You must submit a cover letter and clearly state which opportunity you are interested in and why you’d like to work for The Rockefeller Foundation. Please also indicate how you heard about this opportunity.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer[ssba]