The Rockefeller Foundation is seeking an experienced Manager, Internal Communications.
The Manager of Internal Communications is a member of the Communications and Program Influence team and the broader Global Policy & Advocacy team. This individual will serve as a core partner to the Head of Human Resources, and work across the organization, leading internal communications strategy and execution for the Foundation. This position will report to the Director of Communications.
Location: New York, NY
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an internal communications plan and calendar that is aligned with the Foundation’s priorities and broad communications plan.
- Working closely with colleagues across the Foundation, conceive of and develop employee engagement ideas and innovative ways to package content.
- Establish standards of excellence for the Foundation’ internal communications strategy, ensuring messaging is clear and consistent while aligning with the Foundation’s overall objectives, culture and values.
- Write, edit and produce content (including articles, emails, posts, etc.) under tight deadlines for various communications vehicles.
- Design structure and schedule internal messages through a variety of communication mediums such as intranet, email, face-to-face, videos, printed collateral etc.
- Lead planning and implementation of Town Hall Meetings and other employee engagement activities.
- Improve upon existing communications channels and develop new ways to engage and inform employees in the U.S. and global markets (Bellagio, Bangkok and Nairobi).
- Help anticipate and manage communications challenges that may arise as a thought partner and trusted internal consultant.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams to discover, curate and share compelling stories about the Foundation, grantees and people.
- Cultivate internal relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Define and track metrics to assess effectiveness of communications programs/channels to continuously improve and grow.
Education, Experience and Skills
- BA or equivalent educational degree; Master’s preferred.
- 6-8 years of communications experience with a focus on internal communications for a global organization.
- Experience developing thoughtful and creative communications strategies that positively impact employee behavior.
- Superb inter-personal skills and professional presence.
- Excellent writer, creative thinker and collaborator.
- Experience working directly with executives.
- Experienced communicator in addressing issues and during critical situations.
- The ideal candidate will have a track record of having implemented multiple employee communications campaigns that are creative, fun and engaging, while creating positive impact for an organization.
- Limited travel required.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Partnership and Relationship-Building: Strong professional representation of The Rockefeller Foundation, interpersonal relationship abilities, intercultural knowledge and appreciation, strategic partnership building.
- Ability to leverage strategic relationships towards development of resources for new or existing initiatives.
- Strategic ability to see opportunities, design innovative approaches backed by strong analysis and planning. Strong sense for messaging, themes and techniques that resonate. Skilled strategist who can also dive in and personally bring projects to completion as needed.
- Ability to articulate a vision, lead and design the plan of action, and drive a team and process that support the goals of the organization.
- Execution and Implementation: Strong project management skills, deadline management, sense of responsibility and accountability and the ability to effectively multi-task. Ability to manage contractors to ensure timely, high-quality work product.
- Management: strong manager of workload and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Integration: Ability to demonstrate inclusiveness, collaboration, respect and broad organizational interests.
- Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication abilities; exceptional listening, written, and oral skills. Accomplished at communicating and influencing both inside and outside the organization.
- Creative thinker. High energy. Action oriented. Self-motivated.
- High achievement. Pride in succeeding. Gives rather than takes credit.
- Sound, mature judgment and integrity. Personal qualities of humility and capacity for self-reflection.
- Commitment to The Rockefeller Foundation’s mission and core values – effectiveness, equity, integrity, innovation and leadership.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.