The Rockefeller Foundation is seeking an experienced Grants Manager.
The Grants Manager works primarily with the Manager, Grants Administration to process grants acting as the primary contact with program teams on collecting and reviewing grant materials and with grantees on processing, administering and monitoring grants.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the program teams and the Manager, Grants Administration in the compilation of all grant materials, including conducting thorough reviews and analyses of proposals and budgets, verifying correct documentation to determine tax status and treatment of prospective grantees and conducting appropriate due diligence, guiding grantees and Foundation staff through the operations end of the grantmaking process, raising red flag issues for review by Legal, and monitoring the progress of grants through the approval process.
- Work with the program teams and grantees in compiling and preparing materials for grant extensions and amendments.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure timely and accurate grant payments.
- Review grantee reports and deliverables for compliance and work with program teams to ensure that their grants are effectively monitored.
- Participate in the OGM’s ongoing efforts to improve and streamline the Foundation’s grantmaking processes, and contribute to the development of (and enhancements to) Atlas.
- Prepare and conduct ongoing training on selected grants management topics for new and existing staff as needed.
- Work with the Senior Contracts & Systems Specialist, Finance and IT on reporting and data analysis.
- Work on special projects for OGM and in collaboration with other program and operations teams as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position reports to Manager, Grants Administration and receives general supervision from them.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Four year undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in grants management.
- Computer proficiency in: Word, Excel, CRM or similar database, Internet search skills, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Experience working in a foundation or non-profit organization environment preferred.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills; courtesy, tact, patience and team orientation.
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize work amidst competing demands.
- Cooperates closely in division-wide workload and management systems.
- A strong administrative service orientation, with a desire to learn and grow in the administrative work of Grantmaking.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer[ssba]