The Rockefeller Foundation is seeking a Financial Analyst.
The primary role of the Financial Analyst is to turn financial data into information and information into insight to inform business decisions. The Financial Analyst will report to the Manager of Financial Reporting in service of building the Foundation’s financial data analytics capacity and fostering a data-driven culture by designing and implementing financial analytic processes, creating reports, systems and projects to yield information and insights critical to key business decisions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Transforming Foundation financial and grant data into key financial performance indicators, reports, and ad hoc analysis as needed, including:
- Bi-weekly/Monthly/quarterly key financial performance indicators;
- Analyses for senior management on the Foundation’s portfolio of programmatic activities and resource allocation against those activities;
- Design and enhance regular reporting for Program Teams and Department Heads
- Analyses for the Board of Trustees;
- Preparing grant-related schedules for the 990-PF;
- Preparing monthly grant cash flow projections and charitable payout details; and
- Working with the Senior Contracts and Systems Specialist in responding to data inquiries from Foundation staff as well as preparing data to send to external constituents, e.g. surveys and grant data feed to the Foundation Center.
- Supporting the Manager of Financial Reporting in developing and managing the Program and Administrative Team’s grant and administrative budgets including providing technical, analytical and process support, and meeting the financial information needs of all teams throughout the year.
- Cultivating a deep understanding of the ever-evolving systems, processes, and data upon which the Foundation runs; and leading and supporting continuous efforts to improve financial data accuracy and quality.
- Serving as internal expert for primary financial data sources/systems utilized by Program team members, e.g. Atlas, CCH Tagetik, and leading/participating in projects to develop and enhance these systems.
- Partnering with Organizational Performance to understand the business problems Program teams are working to solve, developing strategies to capture financial data and driving analysis to discover solutions (e.g. what financial data we capture, how we should capture it, and what we should do as a result).
- Building a peer network and staying abreast of new tools and techniques in the broader financial analytics field.
- Supporting the Controller in developing and managing the Finance and Grants Management administrative budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Communication: Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities; exceptional listening, written and verbal skills; keen interest in storytelling with data.
Analytic Ability: Strong combination of analytical prowess, technical aptitude and business judgement; demonstrated ability to analyze complex datasets to summarize and present actionable insights; demonstrated ability to depict data (and the story the data tell) verbally and visually.
Leadership: highly driven, results-orientated, creative, intellectually curious, nimble problem solver; commitment to the Foundation’s core values – effectiveness, equity, integrity, innovation and leadership.
Strategic Ability: Ability to see opportunities and design innovative approaches to resolve issues.
Execution: Strong project management skills, deadline management, sense of responsibility and accountability and the ability to effectively multi-task; keen attention to detail and commitment to a quality work product.
Partnership and Relationship-Building: Strong professional representation of the Foundation, interpersonal relationship abilities, intercultural knowledge and appreciation, strategic partnership building. An orientation toward customer service and responsiveness.
Decision-Making: Ability to evaluate risks and opportunities and prioritize activities using analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
Integration: Ability to demonstrate inclusiveness, collaboration, respect and broad organizational interests.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in a quantitative or analytical role.
- High degree of proficiency in Excel and Power Point required; knowledge of Microsoft CRM, SQL data visualization tools and stats packages, such as R, a plus. Knowledge of CCH Tagetik a plus.
- Passionate about financial data and analytics.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer