The Human Resources (HR) team serves as an integral strategic partner across the Foundation in the areas of human resources, talent acquisition and onboarding, culture and values, employee engagement, career development and performance, employee relations and retention, compensation, rewards and recognition, employee benefits, diversity, equity and inclusion and organizational strategy and development. The HR team aligns their strategy, goals and the services they provide across the Foundation and thoughtfully promotes a diverse and inclusive culture of leadership, effectiveness, innovation, integrity and equity in service of the Foundation’s overall mission, vision and goals.
Human Resources seeks a Director, Talent Acquisition. As a key member of the HR team, the Director will interact directly with hiring managers and candidates and lead the talent acquisition process.
Location: New York, NY
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the life-cycle recruitment process for open positions.
- Evaluate and provide insights on recruitment standards and best practices to hiring managers and interview teams and build The Rockefeller Foundation employment brand.
- Develop and execute trainings for hiring managers to identify top talent, conduct behavioral interviews, and remove unconscious bias.
- Develop recruitment strategies, job posting strategy, digital and non-digital employment branding, comprehensive recruitment campaign planning, and talent acquisition planning.
- Design and implement internship programs; including developing and implementing university relations strategy.
- Provide hiring and employment data, metrics and visualization analytics.
- In partnership with Leadership, develop and execute strategies to achieve strategic workforce planning goals.
- Develop and execute strategies to fill active and passive pipelines through sourcing and recruitment programs.
- Ensure a positive, smooth and efficient recruiting process both internally and externally; create a top-notch candidate experience through transparency and speed.
- Contribute to developing the onboarding processes.
- Partner with Global Recruitment team to establish and share best practices for the international offices.
- Build an employment brand for The Rockefeller Foundation; including new ways to broadcast and promote open roles, the company culture, and what makes The Rockefeller Foundation a top employer.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 10 years’ related experience.
- Must have progressive corporate talent acquisition experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Proven experience communicating talent strategy to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with international non-profits, higher education, or the development sector a plus.
- Knowledge of federal/state employment laws and regulations as they apply to recruitment and selection required, including OFCCP.
- Accuracy, attention to detail. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, HRIS, ADP and other HR-related systems and software.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment. Proven experience as a team player and ability to work independently.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and is effective in developing positive and productive relationships with all levels of staff and management across the organization.
- Has excellent project management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to deliver high quality, accurate work on time and within budget.
- Has experience within a highly collaborative, dynamic organization and in an entrepreneurial environment where building policies, program and processes are necessary.
- Minimal travel is required both internationally and domestically.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal abilities; outstanding listening skills, writing and verbal skills; awareness of reputation, positioning and brand management.
- Partnership and Relationship Building: Sensitive to organizational culture, strong professional representation of the Foundation. Strategic partnership building, adaptable and flexible. Commitment to The Rockefeller Foundation’s mission and core values.
- Strategy: Highly strategic mindset with ability to identify and prioritize what’s important in any project, demonstrates innovative approaches to work, ability to organize chaos into coherent plan.
- Project Management: High operational and project management ability; proactive. Sound, mature judgment, integrity, and respect for others.
- Decision-Making: Analytical and strong problem-solving abilities, takes initiative, drives for results, ability to prioritize work, communicates problems and proposes solutions, as appropriate.
- Execution: Strong project management skills; meets deadlines; ability to multi-task and work under pressure; detail oriented. Sense of urgency and responsibility, flexible work style; a self-starter who can work independently as well as in and across teams.
- Passion and Optimism: Deep enthusiasm for the mission and people of the Foundation; entrepreneurial energy around connecting an engaged staff with the overall impact of the Foundation’s work.
On-Ramps is managing this search. To apply, please go to: https://www.on-ramps.com/jobs/1600.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.