The Rockefeller Foundation is seeking a highly-motivated Bellagio/Events Assistant. This position supports the Bellagio & Fellowships team by performing duties related to event planning and design for a yearly calendar of events, and the administration of the Bellagio Center’s residency and conference programs. Responsibilities also include support for planning and logistics related to events produced by the team and the coordination of various activities tied to program outreach, selection, and communications. The successful candidate will blend flexibility with disciplined execution and excellent organizational skills to manage competing demands and deliver high quality work. The role offers the rare opportunity to work closely with multiple functions across the Foundation and externally, both domestically and internationally, to drive real impact. It offers strong opportunities for professional growth.
As a key part of this history, The Rockefeller Foundation’s Bellagio Center on Lake Como, Italy, is one of the world’s most notable convening sites for policymakers, practitioners, influential scholars, artists, writers and scientists, to advance ideas and social innovation. Building on its rich history, the Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio & Fellowships team is a leading identifier and generator of the intellectual capital needed to solve the globe’s most pressing problems, and a convener of those driving solutions to help maximize their impact – all in service of our beneficiaries and our mission to promote the well-being of humanity throughout the world. Our activities include: curating world class convenings and other events in Bellagio and around the world; delivering a high quality Bellagio residency and conference program; managing the Rockefeller Foundation Fellowship program; and launching and managing our planned new alumni network and publishing platform/journal. The Bellagio & Fellowships team is part of the Rockefeller Foundation’s Global Policy and Advocacy unit, also comprised of regional offices in Asia and Africa, and the policy, communications, partnerships, and program influence and campaigns teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Principal duties include, but are not limited to:
The role involves administering a complex calendar for the Bellagio Center, supporting program selection processes, liaising directly with internal and external applicants to schedule residencies and conferences, and managing program-related inquiries from within and beyond the Foundation. Tasks include:
- Execute administrative activities for the Bellagio Center’s program-related competitions and liaise as needed with external grantees or partners, providing key support for outreach and selection processes
- Provide administrative oversight of the Bellagio resident and conference calendar and contribute to curation in close coordination with the Bellagio teams in New York and Italy
- Handle communication channels, acting as a first contact for external inquiries
The Assistant also maintains appropriate operational records using Foundation data management systems. This includes ensuring accuracy and completeness of all data related to applicants and alumni, creating reports in preparation for a variety of meetings and panels related to the competitive application process, and tracking follow-up activities after conferences and residencies. Tasks include:
- Maintain database of applicant and alumni data, and follow-up with conference organizers and residents as needed to ensure complete, up-to-date records
- Create detailed reports and other data analytics in support of program monitoring and evaluation, alumni engagement, and other business needs
- Liaise with interns and temporary staff as needed to support data management
Event Design and Logistics Support
- Contribute to the design and execution of events produced by the Bellagio & Fellowships team
- Support event logistics, managing participant invitations, registration, and organizing catering, venue rental, onsite a/v specs, and other elements
Alumni Network Support
- Support ongoing engagement with the alumni network by sending regular communications, tracking follow-ups, and maintaining detailed records
- Conduct research as needed to support network outreach
This position reports to the Senior Advisor, Bellagio & Fellowships.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred – we are open to considering candidates who do not have a degree if they have an equal number of years of directly relevant experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a related field (e.g., law office (i.e. paralegal work), government, nonprofit, private sector); strong data and project management skills, extremely detail oriented
- Excellent understanding and skill in use of: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and databases, and ability to learn new applications quickly
- Experience setting priorities in dynamic environment
- The position is based in New York. Some travel required
- Organization: experience involving organizing and multitasking in a relevant setting, such as a law firm, a large non-profit, philanthropy, government agency, or private sector. Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Strong ability in thinking ahead and prioritizing
- Technology: ability to master spreadsheets, databases, e-filing, presentations and more
- Execution: Meets deadlines; sense of urgency and responsibility; ability to multi-task and work under pressure; detail oriented
- Communication: Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal abilities; good listening skills; writing and verbal skills
- Integration & Teamwork: Act as a considerate team player; demonstrate inclusiveness as part of a team that values diversity, collaboration, and supporting each other’s professional development
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer[ssba]