The Rockefeller Foundation is seeking an experienced Assistant to join the Foundation’s U.S. Jobs and Economic Opportunity (JEO) team. Reporting to the Managing Director, Economic Resilience and Operations, the Assistant will support the team and contribute to the execution of the place based resilience strategies of the U.S. portfolio of 100 Resilient Cities and the multi-year JEO economic stability and mobility strategy.
The vision of the Foundation’s JEO team is that every person who works should be able to meet the basic needs of their families and have a path to a better future. Through advancing the economic opportunity components of each of our cities’ resilience strategies; identifying and scaling economic policy and programmatic solutions for low wage workers; and mobilizing private investments for people and places we seek to promote economic opportunity for millions of Americans.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in organizing internal and external meetings and events.
- Facilitate and coordinate communication within departments through the issuance of correspondence and schedule staff meetings and retreats.
- Maintain calendars for the officers, including identify key deadlines /milestones in team plans and flag as necessary follow-up.
- Arrange appointments and travel, including complex international travel itineraries and prepare subsequent expense reporting for the officers.
- Field external inquiries.
- Prepare and edit general office correspondence.
- Assist in the management of e-mail correspondence.
- Gather and prepare presentation materials.
- Receive and handle incoming and outgoing mail and telephone calls.
- Take and synthesize notes from meetings; ensure resolution of next steps.
- Maintain files — paper as well as electronic (Box).
- Proofread and edit, as needed.
- Grant-making Support: Facilitate the monitoring and management of the department budget through data entry and the preparation of reports, among other duties.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of three years administrative work experience in a similar position.
- Experience supporting multiple managers and providing support to a larger team.
- Experience conducting desktop research and documentation, notably use of on-line journal databases, literature review, technical editing.
- Experience with databases, project and information management tools.
- Computer proficiency in: Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Internet search skills, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new applications quickly.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Administration: Excellent client relationship, correspondence and contact management; meeting organization and note-taking, travel management, reporting, human and financial management.
- Research and Documentation: Strong literature search, synthesis and documentation skills, presentation development and editing, strong writing and grammatical editing capacity (English).
- Knowledge Management: Strong organizational skills, electronic and paper archiving; familiarity with knowledge management tools and practices.
- Execution: Sense of urgency and responsibility, meets deadlines, takes initiative, drives for results, ability to prioritize work, ability to multi-task and work under pressure, attention to detail.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates highest standards of discretion, dependability, and decorum; demonstrated capacity to handle sensitive relationships and information.
- Communication and Relationship Building: Excellent interpersonal abilities; good listening skills, writing and verbal skills, intercultural appreciation, interpersonal abilities, adaptable and flexible.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer[ssba]