If you would like the Rockefeller Foundation to consider funding your project—which must fit within one or more of the Rockefeller Foundation initiatives—please complete the following application. This online application is the only way in which we receive and respond to unsolicited proposals from people and organizations who have access to the Internet, so we ask that you not send proposals by mail or email unless invited to do so. If we see a potential fit with any of our initiatives, based on your answers to the following questions, we will respond by asking you to submit a full proposal
We also invite you to visit our links to other philanthropic resources, where we hope you will find helpful information in your search for funding.
If your inquiry is related to a conference or residency at the Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Center, please use the Bellagio application process
To submit your funding inquiry, please fill out the form below. Questions marked with asterisks (*) are required. Please limit your answers to questions 1-3 to 100 words. All submissions must be in English. Please note that once we receive your funding inquiry, we will send you a confirmation email.
1. Are you submitting this inquiry on your own behalf or on behalf of an organization? *
1. Please describe the project and indicate the amount of support (in U.S. dollars) that you are seeking.*
2. What are the specific, measurable results you would seek to achieve in this effort? How will your project positively affect the lives of poor or vulnerable people? Please be as specific as you can about numbers and geography of people who will be reached. *
3. To which of the Foundation’s initiatives does this funding inquiry relate? Please be specific, and describe how you see a strategic fit with the Foundation’s ongoing work. *
4. Have you ever received funding from the Rockefeller Foundation? *
4. What is the idea / opportunity to solve it? *
6. Why now? *