The Media Relations Intern will work in the Office of Communications, headquartered in New York.
The Media Relations Intern reports to the Associate Director of Communications in New York.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides communications relations support to the Communications Office with a focus on media relations.
- Writes press releases, talking points, blog posts, tweets and other material.
- Develops, researches and writes briefings for media events.
- Staffs media interviews and events.
- Coordinates with knowledge management, speechwriting and social media teams to ensure multi-platform approach.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication abilities; exceptional listening written and verbal skills; assertiveness in presenting ideas
Execution: Meets deadlines; sense of urgency and responsibility; ability to multi-task and work under pressure; detail oriented
Integration: Ability to demonstrate inclusiveness, collaboration, respect and broad organizational interests.
Leadership: Thinks innovatively and creatively; displays negotiation skills;
Partnership and Relationship Building: Strong professional representation of the Foundation, interpersonal abilities, intercultural knowledge and appreciation, strategic partnership building
Strategic Ability: Anticipates future opportunities and consequences, demonstrates innovative approach to work, ability to organize chaos into coherent plan
Training and Experience
- Superb inter-personal skills and professional presence
- Strong interest in non-profit and public sectors
- Ability to manage projects to schedule.
- Team skills, such as flexibility, diplomacy and listening skills
- Highly organized, with ability to multi-task
- Minimum Wage
Please submit in confidence a resume through the Foundation's Website application.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer